NEVER FORGET THE 9 IMPORTANT STEPS WHEN GETTING A SPRAY TAN
1. Exfoliate before your appointment. Its best to exfoliate the night before your appointment with a water based exfoliant, you can also use a loofah, wash cloth, salt or sugar based scrub. If they have essential oils in them that’s okay the scrub should NOT leave your skin very oily.
2. Arrive to your appointment early. It’s better than being late
3. Do not wear perfume, deodorant, makeup or jewellery to your appointment.
4. Wear loose fitting, dark clothing, Tight fitting clothing might take off the tan.
5. Bring an old bathing suit, or generic underwear to your appointment, as the guide tan colour will rub off on these garments.
6. Consult with your spray tanner and inform them of any very dry skin areas, broken or abraded skin, wounds, and allergies.
7. Decide with your technician if you will go topless or nude for your spray tan. It’s perfectly okay if you don’t.
8. If you have perspired during your ride over to the salon ask for a cool cloth or gentle wipe and then dry your body before the session begins.
9. Follow technicians directions and be mindful to keep legs spread apart and inner arm from touching torso. If your arms and thighs touch this can cause the tan to rub off in that area.
- Facials and body treatment like waxing should be completed at least 24 hours before your spray tan session.
- It is normal for guide colour to look like its coming off (it will redevelop)
- Pat your skin dry.
- Do not use loofah’s. Or scrub your body hard for the first week